stuck in windows and have no idea how to get Mac OS X back

Reaction score
Im stuck in bootcamp and its killing me! I recently put my computer thru bootcamp, fun and worth the time.... Wrong! Im stuck with windows now, and i have no idea how to get my Mac OS X back! Ive tried clicking on the diamond and all it says is Windows XP! PLEASE HELP ME

Thank You & God Bless

Cody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try holding down shift key after pressing power on button - normally that stops anything else loading but not sure how it will affect bootcamp.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you install Windows to the correct partition you made in bootcamp? If so, try holding down the Option key at Startup. What shows up? Do you see OSX and Windows as options? If so click OSX. If not let us know.

Reaction score
Solution found?

I'm having the same issue - can't get to the option screen where you can choose OSX or XP...
Option key doesn't work - before or after chime
And shift key didn't clear out background programs.

Any thoughts here? Need to get onto my Mac, but stuck in Windows!

Reaction score
If the option key doesn't work, try booting from your Leopard/SL disk - once booted, check the HD and see what's there - you have have inadvertently installed windows over OSX and if so, you'll have to reinstall Leopard/SL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.