How to Update to Boot Camp 2.1 from BC2?

Reaction score
I am using Boot Camp 2 to run my Windows XP SP2.
Now I've heard Boot Camp 2.1 supports XP3 and resolves some of the previous installation problems.
I've downloaded BC2.1, but it's a .exe file. How do I update my BC2 now?
Does it mess thing up after the update?
What are the new features in BC2.1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You need to run the program from inside of Windows. It's basically an update to the drivers you installed from your Leopard DVD when you first booted into Windows, not an update to the Boot Camp Assistant which merely partitions your drive for you.

I'm not too sure what it updates exactly, but it's good practice to use the latest version of any drivers. It shouldn't mess anything up.

Reaction score
You download the .exe file in Windows and run it. Then, you can install the update that takes SP2 to SP3. That's it.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have had problems with the new 2.1 update, i had to end up wiping the partition and redo a new one. What happened was that Windows stopped responding to my commands, windows explorer froze constantly, all happened the day after i installed 2.1.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.