Is there any advantage/disadvantage to where you buy?

Reaction score
I've seen some pretty good deals on Macs at MacMall.com, and they also have some nice freebies/extras included. And a six month-no payments option. Is there any compelling reason to buy my Mac from the Apple store instead? Are there any other online retailers that perhaps offer cheaper prices or great deals that you can recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
i like getting them at places like best buy or microcenter where you can get 12-24 months no interest :)

Reaction score
From what I know, Apple set the prices, so the price should be the same everywhere. But some resellers offer free stuff in the hope you buy from them, then see other stuff from their store you might buy - so basically they are enticing you to choose them. The only real advantage is that if the initial costs are too high, then yes, interest free credit works well which Apple dont do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.