GarageBand Loops are pre-installed?

Reaction score
Hi:
Bought a new Mac. In the store the seller showed how GarageBand works and he inserted the loops and did the whole selling thing.
But when I'm home I open Garageband and the loops are not available. Someone said you have to buy them separately.
Is this true... GarageBand doesn't come with pre-loaded loops?
I saw the garageband packs but... I mean... Not any pre-loaded loops?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It comes with some but not many. The individual at the store probably had extras installed as a means of selling you a Mac. I guess it worked ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Right. You can access them, in GarageBand '08, by going to the "control" menu and then going to "show loop browser". And, you can add stuff to your loop library from GarageBand. I think that's on the "Edit" menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
It comes with some but not many. The individual at the store probably had extras installed as a means of selling you a Mac. I guess it worked ;).

Garageband's loops folder on my mac has 1200 loops in it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry that wasn't helpful.

GB come preloaded with a lot of loops and there are quite few free ones out there

OP
M
Reaction score
I don't know if it is just me then. i hit Control and Show Loops - But they are all gray.
None will sound or show up in any way.
This really sucks.
I though Apple was good with music applications? I prefer FL Studio much better.
Any additional help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I don't know if it is just me then. i hit Control and Show Loops - But they are all gray.
None will sound or show up in any way.
This really sucks.
I though Apple was good with music applications? I prefer FL Studio much better.
Any additional help?
I believe with iLife '09 you'll need to run software update to get all the loops. They always used to be pre-installed, but after doing a clean install I noticed a software update item after running garageband that downloaded the loops.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Garageband's loops folder on my mac has 1200 loops in it
Out of how many potential loops ;)? What "many" entails is subjective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Out of how many potential loops ;)? What "many" entails is subjective.

That's my macbook my imac as several thousand more. But you're right it is subjective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2.5Ghz 15"
when i bought mine and just opened up garageband a lot of stuff was grayed out until i popped in the ilife cd that came with the laptop and installed a full version of garageband if u have the ilife cd install garageband from it and update it that should work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.