wireless internet is keep disconnecting

Reaction score
I've bought new macbook 2.0ghz about 2days ago, and when I connect my wireless router with airport, internet works fine for about 30 minutes and it stops responding even thought airport says the wireless is connected. (it starts responding when I turn airport off and on again) I am pretty sure that there is no problem with my router because it works fine for other computers at my house (I'm the only mac user). Does anyone know how to solve this problem??????????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 " MacBook Pro 2.66GHz 4GB 320GB HDD; 15" PowerBook G4 1.25GHz 2GB 80GB HDD
My friend actually has the same problem. He uses a Macbook (the white one) and has Airport express base instead of a traditional router. But his internet keeps dropping off everytime. He has to switch the Airport on his Mac off and then back on again to reconnect it. But the actual internet connection is fine, because his iPod touch works without any drop outs.

Any ideas, anybody? And sorry about cutting in to your thread, 'msa124'. I hope you don't mind, because its the same problem.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
This may be a firmware issue on the router. Often times Linksys, D-Link etc, require a firmware upgrade to perform well with AirPort.

Check the manufacturer web site for upgrades and give it another try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about adding your ISPs DNS numbers to your Network settings in Sys Prefs - see if that helps. Is there a difference between operation on Ethernet as opposed to Wireless? You can add DNS numbers for both selections. Another area to help with trouble shooting is rather than using Location Automatic, set up a Location = Home with all the pertinent data and switch to Automatic when travelling.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.