Need help creating application...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I'm new to "programming", but I've always been interested in it, and I'd like to give it a shot with something that will hopefully be somewhat simple. I've been using an application called iCook to overclock my iBook. I've found that runs very reliably at 1 GHz, but having to load the program and enter the Terminal commands after every reboot is becoming tiresome (though I admittedly don't reboot very often). Could someone point me in the right direction as to how to begin creating a simple application that could "automate" iCook? Ideally, it would be something I could add to my startup items, but even if I have to launch it manually, it would be better than dealing with the Terminal commands. Thanks very much in advance.

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
meltbanana314 said:
Use AppleScript to run iCook at launch:

http://www.applescriptsourcebook.com/tips/AS4AS.html

It's a decent starter language, and it's perfect for your situation.

Thanks a bunch. After some reading, a bit of playing around with Script Editor, and some trial and error, I've got iCook fully hidden and automated (you never even know the script has run). I'm now happily enjoying my 1GHz G3 iBook. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.