Audacity keyboard shortcut bug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I've noticed with the current and prior versions of the Mac version of Audacity, the keyboard shortcuts are enabled 100% of the time -- for example, if I'm trying to save a file and the file name happens to have a letter that's a keyboard shortcut, the letter won't type but the keyboard shortcut action for that letter will actually happen! Does the same thing if I'm adding a label to a track.

I've tried changing the keyboard shortcuts, but I'm finding if you change one shortcut, all the other shortcuts suddenly go out of whack and are seemingly randomized, know what I mean?? And it's not a matter of trying to assign the same keyboard shortcut to more than one action -- the program actually will give you an error message and inform you that it's not possible...but changing one keyboard shortcut seems to reassign ALL of 'em!

Is there a known work-around?? Only thing I could do was simply make sure my file names and label names don't use any letters that are also keyboard shortcuts, which is just a pain in the hiney...

OP
dauber
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Okay, I did something slightly intelligent: I went to the Audacity web site and found that it is indeed a bug -- the current "stable" version of Audacity has that bug with Leopard, but it apparently has been fixed in the newest alpha release.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.