virtual pc issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
the mac in my specs to the left, 10.4.11, virtual pc 7, windows xp pro sp3.

virtual pc installed fine, other than that it is messed up somehow on the virtual switch part. it wont let it work.

xp is installed fine, everything works, i can surf the net, etc.

the problem, is that i cant see my xp shared drive on any pc on the network, nor on that mac.

the virtual xp networking settings are identical to every pc here. theoretically it should be accessible from the other computers.

trying to get the pc-mac network part working so that i can tether my cellphone in xp and have net on the mac when i'm at home (at a friends right now). tired of having to boot up my pc just for the connection.

is the problem here with the virtual switching issue of vpc, or is it something else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To be honest VPC is not worth the space on your hard drive. Slow and continual problems with that virtual switch. Only recommendations is to set the memory really low, say 256MB. Found the higher the memory allocation, the slower things ran.

To overcome this as at the time had to run Windows only sales and marketing software, the only solution for me was the purchase of a cheap Dell Latitude P4 laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.