Connection, VNC, Screen Sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G5 1.8GHz 2.5GB RAM 10.5.6; MB 2.2GHz 2.5GB RAM 10.5.6; Mini 1.83GHz 3.5GB RAM 10.5.6
Hello again,
I hope you can help me with my latest question...
My mac mini is showing up on my shared network but I can not connect my MB to it or share the screen. I CAN connect and share screen the other way around though. HMMMM I say. Any suggestions on how I can get the machines talking in both directions?

Network is local and set up with DHCP.

The MB is wireless. I initially tried the mini wireless and then wired but both did not work. When I try to connect the MB to the mini, i get no response. When I try to share the screen, it says Contacting "Computer Name" then after a minute or so, says Connection failed to "Computer Name". It also says "Please make sure that Screen Sharing (in the Sharing section of System Preferences) is enabled on the computer you're attempting to connect to. Also make sure your network connection is working properly."

Sharing is on for both machines.... I haven't had this issue with my macs before....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Has the mini got its software firewall on, if so try turning the firewall off.

If you are connecting to the internet through a router, then use its firewall instead, it might be the built in firewall oj the Mini not opening up the relevant ports for a VNC connection

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G5 1.8GHz 2.5GB RAM 10.5.6; MB 2.2GHz 2.5GB RAM 10.5.6; Mini 1.83GHz 3.5GB RAM 10.5.6
That's it!

Hi louishen. You guessed it right! It was the built in firewall option in Security under System Preferences. Thank you for your expertise!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.