PCMCIA Slot Not working

Reaction score
I thought that my Powerbook G4 had built in airport, but was wrong. I have an external 11g PC Card model number WLI-CB-G54A, but the thing is, when I slide this into the slot; the LED lights don't even turn on and the PC doesn't recognize it, does anyone know why this would be?

Reaction score
Not Mac compatible maybe? Looking at drivers for a WLI-CB-G54S on Buffalo Tech's website lists no mac driver. I am a Mac nooB though, so maybe someone else can shed more light.;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It should be mac compatible since the website listed on the card is MacWireless.com - Wireless Enhancement Products for Macintosh I tried going to the site to talk to customer service, but their phone number had no answer and their aim help was offline. I still need help with this, any suggestions?

It may be "Mac compatible" in that it might be assumed that drivers are built into OS X for that particular card. However, as the previous post pointed out, there are no OS X drivers listed on the hardware maker's site. BTW, I couldn't find that card listed on the site you referenced??

If your G4 is not recognizing the card when you plug it in, then it's either defective or it's not compatible.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
I appreciate the information you guys supplied, and took the time to give. Today I took the Mac to a local Apple store and found out that the slot where the card goes in was disconnected for some reason. They plugged it in and the card worked. Again, I thank you for taking the time to read this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.