Suggestions?

Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of buying a Mac Mini to replace my Power Mac G4. The Power Mac works very good for what I use it for: email, surfing the web, music, photos, etc. Should i stay with the G4 for awhile until it really gets outdated or buy a new Mac Mini?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If the G4 works fine, why not continue to use it until it dies? By then, the Mac Minis will likely have better specs for the same money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
I agree with cwa. If it works for you, why spend the money. Later, you could buy a mini with better specs for the same price, or just upgrade to the one you want now (later though) for less money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Another one for staying with the tower. You can upgrade things like the graphics card, Superdrives, install PCI cards for USB2 etc etc. At the risk of inviting attacks personally do not like mins. They use a laptop 2.5" HDD and a laptop drive the same capacity as a 3.5" must work harder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.