Mini display port --->> RGB

Reaction score
Hey guys, this has probably been on here but couldn't find it, just bought a Projector and was wondering what cables/adapters do i need to go from Mini display port to RGB which is the red yellow and white plugs. I was told it would cost around £50 for all the adapters anyone know of a cheaper solution as well...... Cheers

Reaction score
Unfortunately Apple doesn't have a solution to this problem for the mini DisplayPort RGB adapters. I noticed this in October. This is the solution:

Get the miniDisplayPort-> VGA adapter, VGA cable (the projector should already have this), RCA audio cable (plugs into laptop's sound card/headphone port and outputs to the red and white audio cables). That's the cheapest solution for a projector. There used to be a composite/s-video adapter for the previous macbooks but they don't make them for the new ones.

If you want to do it on a TV that doesn't have VGA/DVI input then get:
miniDisplayPort-> VGA adapter
VGA cable
RCA audio cable

Video Converter box (converts an incoming video signal to a different output video signal like composite, component, HDMI (don't quote me on that), VGA and/or DVI depending on the converter model)
Composite cable - yellow video cable

Hope that helps mate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.