• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pissed At Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
I still love Apple but I am quite mad at them, I just bought a new iPod mini and then they came out with the updated one YESTERDAY!!!!! they also updated the powerbooks a few months after I bougnt one...I AM GETTING ANNOYED!! Is there anything i can do about the iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If you just bought it within the return period, you could always take it back and then buy the new one.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
schweb said:
If you just bought it within the return period, you could always take it back and then buy the new one.
What is the return date? also i got it as a gift so i don't have a receipt....

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's normally about 14 days. Without a receipt however, I don't think you'll have much luck.

V

vuschejan

warrenbert said:
If you got it as a gift, for free, what are you so "pissed" about?

My brother bought his ipod this last sunday, they updated on tuesday. So, All we did was call them show them the recipt and then they gave us likke 70 dollars back.

Reaction score
I know some stores offer a gift return of 7 days, but i dont think you can do it online. I know how u fell. I got mine late december....... but that day before.. ouch

Reaction score
It really is just the way it goes with buying tech things, once you have bought a product your going to be one step behind sooner or later. Technology is just moving so fast and Apple has to keep up in the face of competition.

M

markceltic

Take a deep breath & relax you're not the only one this has happened to.This happened to me when I bought this system. Got it all set-up on a Friday night,Tuesday morning my reseller calls to inform me that they just speed bumped my iMac as well as a different vid card.But it wasn't such a huge leap so I didn't sweat it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.