Insight

Reaction score
I am impressed with Leopard, both the things that are included with it and the things that are not. Let's look at one thing for example, color scheme. There are two choices, bad & worse IMHO.

Can someone offer me some insight as to why there is not only no other options, but I guess, the code is locked up and therefore, no third party options are available either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what you're looking for in the way of color schemes, but Leopard in my opinion offers more than enough to satisfy most folks. If you're wanting something more elaborate you'll have to look for a third party solution.

Here's one that you might like. Link

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
I guess I did not express myself very clearly. Under Appearance, in system preferences, there are only 2 options, Blue & Graphite. They are not very different.

In Windows, under display appearance, there are 22 options and they can be customized.

I especially would like to change the white background that is default for most applications. It is hard on these old eyes. Something a little less drab for the rest of the landscape wouldn't be too bad either.

Anyway, my basic question was related to trying to find out why the selections are so limited. Compared to the complexity of many other things in the OS, that would seem to be fairly simple to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.