ASP Testing on a Mac

V

vtupser

Ok, I know ASP is a Micro$oft technology, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a server like that of Apache that can be installed on a Mac for testing of pages without internet connection. I want to start learning ASP for better security and database connections. I already use PHP and test it on my Mac, but would like to do the same with ASP. Any insight would be good.

OP
R

ryanyogan

Are we talking about "Avtice Server Pages" or ASP.NET using VB.NET/C# ? If you are trying to do some ASP.NET the supported framework from Microsoft there is a project called the "Go-Mono" project to develop .NET applications on the UNIX environment. Go-Mono is still being developed however is looking great, its amazing this can be done! If you are talking about the outdated "ASP/VBSCRIPTING" language, do not waste your time, its a total waste!

OP
C

ChicoWeb

ASP only runs on IIS, and I'm not sure if you can set it up on Macs. There is probably some sort of emulater, but its microsoft technology. IIS comes standard with XP, and you have install a few service paks and you are ready to roll. Not so sure about mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.