Unloked iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Book G4 10.5.5
Hey guys, this has probably been asked many time, but I just wanted to double check.

Jailbreak and unlock are two different things, right? I mean if I only want to unlock my iPhone to enable it for all network, then I can only unlock it but no need to jailbreak it?

I don't want to having to downgrade me OX (current on 2.2.1) for the jailbreak, not yet anyway. But I do want to unlock it for all network as I go between 2 countries and have 2 diffenent SIMs. It never bothers me too much I am with O2 in the UK, so it can be locked, but it just feels silly having to carry 2 phones when I am aboard. Coz I use my iPhone for everything else.

And for an unlocked iPhone, like they are sold unlocked in HK, it is the same as those locked iPhones, right? I mean apart from the locked one can only be used with a particular network. If I want to use all the great little things, I would still have to jailbreak it, don't I?

Just had a look at the appl site at different countires, in some say the warranty only works with the country where the iPhone was sold, is that true? The reason is I am also thinking of moving away from the UK for good, so I might be better selling my iPhone and but another one once settled. Coz my one is very new.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 1.9ghz PPC 2gb Ram,250gb HD
unlock=all network capabilities
jailbreak=apps that apple doesnt offer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
What's with your thread title? Was that really necessary??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.