• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iTunes/Pepsi promotion

D

Desolate One

It took 7 bottles of Pepsi for me to win 1 song. I'm not too trusting of the "1 in 3 Wins a Free Song" printing on the label. Anyone else suffer from much worse odds then advertised?

OP
W

Wapa18

yeah, the odds are a lot worse this time around. last year, the promotion really was about 1 in 3, and usually i ended up with even better results than that. this time i keep getting "buy one get one free" bottles. i guess it's helping sell more pepsi that way.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Maybe, someone kept swipping the third pepsi bottle from you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I bought 3 and one was a "try again", another was "buy 1 get 1 free" and the other was a free song. So those were right within the odds :) Plus you can still do the whole tilt and view method if you really wanted to, especially since Apple and Pepsi didn't comment and didn't care :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I bought 1 and got a free song.

OP
D

Desolate One

I haven't redeemed a song yet so I was wondering if I'm limited to a certain group of songs or a certain quality or can I pick pretty much anything they have up for sale?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anything you want :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
any song or whatever of equal value, just like if you were buying the song.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Three out of five, here.

Reaction score
I don't drink Pepsi, but if they say the odds are 1 out of 3, then thats what they are, I don't think they are going to lie about it.

OP
W

Wapa18

mynameis said:
I don't drink Pepsi, but if they say the odds are 1 out of 3, then thats what they are, I don't think they are going to lie about it.

oh i know, i wasn't implying that they were lying. i think i was just really lucky last time, so i guess i'm just bitter that i'm having worse luck this time. :mac:

OP
D

Desolate One

itloser said:
0 out of 5... I think my local 7-11 workers "are tilting" ... bums

I get my Pepsi from a vending machine at work. Perhaps the vending company and your 7-11 are working together. :blind:

OP
D

Desolate One

Okay, got another. Made a scene @ work yesterday when I got my first song and I come into the office this morning to find a winning cap on my desk! I guess that's only natural since 2 departments heard me exclaim my winning. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if it is 1 in 3 you can still buy 10 and never win

i dont drink soda usually, but maybe ill start tilting a few bottles and give the contents to some friends
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep you can still tilt and win. I tried it with the 3 that I purchased and sure enough it worked, not real easily, but it sure wasnt hard either.

OP
D

Desolate One

Murlyn said:
Yep you can still tilt and win. I tried it with the 3 that I purchased and sure enough it worked, not real easily, but it sure wasnt hard either.

True. I decided to give it a go with the last bottle I got from the vending machine. At just the right angle you can see it just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.