Running Vista Trial Via Boot Camp?

Reaction score
I'm looking to have a form of Windows on my Mac temporarily, in order to finish an online tech class that requires Windows software instead of Mac. I just made the PC to Mac switch a month ago, so I'm pretty new to the Mac. Is it possible to download the Windows Vista Trial while running Mac OS X 10.5.6, then somehow possibly run BootCamp to install the Vista Download, or visa versa, or something of that sort?

Basically, I just want to take the trial download while running the Mac OS, then somehow through BootCamp turn my Mac into Vista, temporarily. Is this at all possible?

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
While I'm not sure if the trial version will work with bootcamp, might I suggest virtualization?
Using a program like Virtualbox, Vmware, parrellels, etc you can run most OS's within your mac OSX desktop. You don't have to reboot and select a different OS, you can just start it up. Only thing is it will share system resources. You should definitely be able to use the trial version with any of the before mentioned apps. And then, you can just delete the virtual disk and image of Vista after you're done using it. No having to unpartition the drive.

OP
N
Reaction score
While I'm not sure if the trial version will work with bootcamp, might I suggest virtualization?
Using a program like Virtualbox, Vmware, parrellels, etc you can run most OS's within your mac OSX desktop. You don't have to reboot and select a different OS, you can just start it up. Only thing is it will share system resources. You should definitely be able to use the trial version with any of the before mentioned apps. And then, you can just delete the virtual disk and image of Vista after you're done using it. No having to unpartition the drive.

Wow, that sounds awesome! I will look into that! Is there any free versions? I looked at the Parallels and VmWare, I noticed that there are trials but they are $70 or $80. If I only need 30 days to complete my class, will the trial versions of these work well enough, or are they limited access trial versions? If they are limited, is there any free versions?

Reaction score
The trial versions are good for 30 days, and are otherwise not limited. Can't comment as to whether they will work with the Vista trial version. Note that VirtualBox is free, although not as full-featured as Parallels or Fusion, but you won't have to worry about the 30 days with that software.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 1.9ghz PPC 2gb Ram,250gb HD
can you use bootcamp,linux ect, on a ppc imac g5?

Reaction score
No. Bootcamp, Fusion, Parallels, etc. will only work on Intel-based macs. For PPC Macs, you need to use an emulator - and those are s-----l-----o-----w, not really worth it IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.