• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A funny Prank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
so my teachers know Im a huge computer geek. they told me that if anything happens to there computers there coming to me. So they dont care if i touch them. im looking for a prank to pull on them on the last day of school. its a windows based system, xp. At this point this should be on a pc forum, but this is the twist. i want to be able to plug a flash drive or something usb in to the computer and make it do something funny, anything from displaying a message that cant be closed or a trick screen or something. any ideas anybody?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There's always the classic blue screen of death screensaver...

BlueScreen

Or you could always make a screen print of the desktop, move all of the icons off to the side and set the screen print as the wallpaper. That's always good for some laughs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^haha!! I was just thinking of the second one you mentioned!

If they have LCD screens, there's the variant of the second one cwa107 mentioned with the appearance that the screen has been hit hard and cracked.

Cracked LCD Desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Phantom Keystroker V2

I found the Phantom Keystroker V2 recently.

It's really a very powerful prank device. I don't like pranks, but....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That looks like a lot of fun!! Hopefully it doesn't automatically run keystrokes that lead to stealing info or downloading viruses on your computer!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.