Hard drive for Pro Tools (does size matter?)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some internal (or external) hard drive for work with Pro Tools LE/MBox2 Pro running in a 2.3GHz Dual Mac G5
I'm thinking in a 1 TB or 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda (72k rpm), but I'm afraid that working in a big HD, with a lot of audio files inside, Pro Tools will turn slowly. Am I right? Or HD size doesn't matter.
I'll appreciate your advices. Thanks

Reaction score
When I was using Pro Tools, I ran a 750 HDD with everything that I was working on for any particular month or six. Between that and some smaller SSD setups I've used, I can't really say that there's any real difference most of the time.

Of course, you can solve the whole problem by just NOT using pro tools, but that's another story...

In short, don't worry too much. The convenience of having everything on one drive more than makes up for any possible detrimental effects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 24'' 2.66ghz 4gigs ram
it should not matter.i currently use 500g external firewire800.also been using 120g external firewire400,no difference in performance.pro tools is the best daw out there buy the way

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.