• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac mon

M

Mon

I still don't own a mac but i was looking at them today. I am not sure what to get powerbook or ibook. When i saw the price i did got one thing, a job application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Jobs are always a good thing to have first.

Do you plan on paying in cash or a loan?

Basically it all depends on your preferences. What you want to do with it. What you think looks nicer, etc..

sKaD

OP
F

Fomer

Mon said:
I still don't own a mac but i was looking at them today. I am not sure what to get powerbook or ibook. When i saw the price i did got one thing, a job application.

From what I have seen in the store either way you cant go wrong, a macs a mac. ;)

I myself don't have one yet, but in exactly 13 days I will be the proud owner of a 15 inch Powerbook, but with more and more Ibook topics I have seen they are starting to scratch my mind. And if I got an Ibook I could possibly buy the Ipod and some more ram all in the same day... eh maybe I need to do something rethinking myself. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I was in the same position - an 867mhz 15" powerbook with 768mb ram was what I was saving for, but then I thought about it and worked out I could get a 14" iBook with 640 ram and a 15gb iPod for the same price. And that's what I did. Couldn't be happier :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.