Bootcap problems with XP but not (sigh) with Vista

Reaction score
Hi there everybody,

this is my first post so i hope i got the right section.

So, here'm my problem: i cannot install XP on the partition that i've created with OSX bootcamp.

I create the partition and i choose to restart with the XP cd into the dvd reader. Even pressing C the the startup sound comes up. Even pressing option it won't see the XP cd.

I tried then with the Vista DVD and the system can see it straight away. No need to press C or Option key when it boots.

It's weird and i don't know why is doing that.. Did someone experience this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Oh, i forgot to say that i have a MacBook Pro 15.4-inch 2.0GHz MA600LL

Thank you guys :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which XP CD is this? Bootcamp wants XP SP2.

OP
marco3055
Reaction score
Yes i do have the SP2.. In fact i searched the requirements and i saw i need the SP2.. Still sounds weird to me... :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this XP CD a copy? OEM? Full Install?

OP
marco3055
Reaction score
It is a full install.. but.. ehm.. it is a copy.. It may be the reason for i have this problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. That is the issue I am sure.

OP
marco3055
Reaction score
That's what i thought, but i wanted to ask anyway even because, as i said, Vista would go up (and that as well is not the original dvd).. Well, i guess i'm going to wait, at the moment i don't have any $ to get an original copy of it :)

thank you so much for the support anyway! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.