Finder Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thelastrevolt

just wondering if there is a way to change the default column view in OSX. I would like every Finder window that opens to be based around the kind of file, verses the file name. Is there a plugin/add-on that can do this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
to start, if your heart was set on a plugin or add-on to make the column view go away your out of luck. Though if you open your window, you will see the standard bar across the top from left to right with a Red, Yellow, and Green button, then on the far right side is a little long button. Press that, and you will see the window enlarge and new buttons will emerge under the whole bar. Like applications, home, etc... but on the far left side are 3 buttons connected into one. You can click on those to make it column view, list, and regular icons. That will probly only fix that window, though it should work on all.

If you have done that and your problem is not fixed, you probly should have done this first: Go to finder in menu bar, go to preferences, and mid way down you will see "Open column view in new windows" uncheck that :D

- The Graphite.

Reaction score
just wondering if there is a way to change the default column view in OSX. I would like every Finder window that opens to be based around the kind of file, verses the file name. Is there a plugin/add-on that can do this?

Thanks!

I couldn't believe how "undocumented" and hard this was to figure out.

The desired view will "take" if

- you are currently on an Administrator account, and
- you change the view (via the view selectors) while the Home account/folder is selected.

Paolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.