unlocked 2G iphone looked after software download

FQS

Reaction score
I bought an unlocked, jailbroken 2G iPhone and connected it to my MacMini computer to sync the calendar. While it was doing this I was asked to update software. I said O.K. and 25 min later the screen asked me to insert the SIM card.
I transferred the SIM card from my old phone to the iphone. When I reconnected the iphone to my MiniMac I received the message:
The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone...

The phone is now 'locked' in a state where the screen shows the picture of the usb cable and the iTunes logo, and only allowing for emergency calls. I tried the sleep/wake reset and holding down the home button for 6 sec. But it stays locked.

What happened?
Does anybody know what I can do to unlock/unfreeze the iphone?
Is there a way to at least get to the ipod functions?

I appreciate your help.
FQS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Macbook 2.2ghz, eMac G4 1.07ghz, PowerMac G4 Digital Audio.
When you "update" the software through normal iTunes sync, you are basically installing a new iPhone software version...so any software unlocking you've done is gone. Since it is in a state where it still needs to be "activated" - it will not go to the "ipod" function or anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is why you should always do your hacking yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.