• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD 09 issue :(

Reaction score
so I am making a documentary of my university semester and I am wanting to distribute the DVD to my friends who are in it.

I am not really used to iDVD but the tutorials I looked at are a little confusing to me I am a very visual person and reading the tutorials just threw me off a little. My friend from high school made a dvd that had over 2 hours of footage on it and then some extras.

Anyway, I have a couple of problems:

I tried making a test DVD by putting on a couple of ripped movies I dld (Kung fu hustle, shaolin soccer) but when I wanted to put them onto the DVD it said that I went over the space after just one of the movies. and they arent that long. my documentary is about an 1 hour and 50 mins long and I wanted to add extras so if these two movies couldnt go on, it worries me that my doc. wont fit.

I am using Lightscribe Verbatim DVDs at the moment.

I dont want anything fancy either, I just wanted a plain black background with buttons to the movie, and then the various special features. thats it really. Everything in iDVD is so fancy and busy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated any links to video sites that can explain it will help a lot. I already looked at the apple site but I didnt find it very useful. Even typing me instructions on how to have just a plain black background will be helpful.

OH and one more thing, I want to put an image on the cover of the DVD (ie. Documenatry DVD or something) DVD but I dont know how to do that. I will probably buy something other than the lightscribe DVDs that i have right now. any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have the new macbook pro if that helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.