connected but no internet

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My son's MacBook has started playing up this week. Airport connection appears fine, and network diagnostics gives green lights for everything on the status, right through to server, and all appears normal.

Everything looks ok but I cannot get any web page to load. I have tried using safari ("you are not connected to the internet") as well as firefox. I also tried an ethernet connection as well as airport with the same result.

Strange thing is that on the offchance I started world of warcraft, and the mac can connect to the game servers. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why no browsing. I have reset safari, cleared the cache, disabled firewall on the router, nothing makes any difference and I am completely stumped.

Thanks for any assistance!

Richard

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't understand how you could play WOW using their servers and not access a web page? Since it doesn't seem to work with wireless or with an ethernet connection, it could be something effecting all network connections.

Open System Preferences and go to Security. Click on Firewall and check the settings that you have. If the setting there are OK you might want to verify and repair permissions.

Download and install the free OnyX application and use it to verify and repair permissions. Link

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.