• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where have you seen a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
excuse my noobism, but i just recently switched to Mac. Now I have started to notice them everywhere. Where have you seen a Mac on TV or in the movies?i was watching Chappelle show the other night and ?uestlove was in the balcony and just to the left of him was some kind of Mac Laptop, prolly a powerbook. I also saw a movie (the few brain cells i have left did not retain which one it was) and anytime there was a computer being used by the main characters, they had a Mac. Enjoy this thread!!

Reaction score
fearlessfreap24 said:
I also saw a movie (the few brain cells i have left did not retain which one it was) and anytime there was a computer being used by the main characters, they had a Mac.

Its ok to admit that you were watching 'Raising Helen'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
D

Danster

Has anybody seen the hit TV series 24?

at CTU everyone has powermac G5's and powerbooks and their servers get infected with a virus and they're talking about not exposing the Kernal to it :D

It's a great show anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
saw that movie Constantine w/Keanu..Rachel Weisz uses a PB

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
deus_ex_machina said:
saw that movie Constantine w/Keanu..Rachel Weisz uses a PB

i thought it was constantine but i wasnt sure but that was the movie, besides i havent even seen raising helen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
immdb said:
The latest sighting for me was on Comedy Central's "Distraction", where they blew up an iBook…killed me!

For pre '99 sightings go here…
http://applemuseum.bott.org/sections/sightings.html

I saw that too... I think they wired all of them to the iBook. **** even it hit the can of beans that would prob have ruined the iBook as well (it was open).

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What I find more interesting, is that most of the Apple products have their logos covered whereas the other PC companies still have their logo exposed.

D

Desolate One

rman said:
What I find more interesting, is that most of the Apple products have their logos covered whereas the other PC companies still have their logo exposed.

I noticed that on one of those "while we send you on holiday we destroy then rebuild your house" shows.

Also noticed an iBook in an Overstock.com advert. I guess they just needed a white notebook to go with the all white theme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
My girlfriend was watching 'Daddy Daycare' while I was studying the other day and I noticed Eddie Murphy was using a PowerBook to calculate his finances. Also, flipping through the channels about a week earlier I noticed that Eddie Murphy aslo used a PowerBook in 'Dr. Doolittle' 1 or 2, not sure which one it was. I wonder if Eddie Murphy is an Apple user in real life or something? Both PowerBooks were th 17" model by the way. Also an oldchool PowerBook is used in 'Independance Day' by the main cheracters to upload a virus on to the Alien computer system. :D

-Chris

Reaction score
In every movie i see now there is usally a mac. It makes it look for fancy, or is it some sort of advertising??
I Justt saw "School of Rock" and one kid in the class had a PowerBook. And iMac's were all around the calss room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
in the movie the sixth day, I think thats what its called, they had a wall full of imacs, the hd's were hidden, but the apple logo was right on the front.

M

meltbanana314

In the movie "Ten Things I Hate About You" the Verona High counselor (Allison Janney's character) uses an old PowerBook G3 of some sort (Lombard?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The show 24 in the UK is last years. Very interesting though! I saw many a Mac in the movie 'Stuck on You'

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,How'd they do that. and the carpentar was using an iBook to look something up on the internet.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I noticed that a few shows or movies hide the fact that they are using a mac. If they're using a laptop; they'll usually put tape over the Apple logo or put another logo over it.

Reaction score
iWhat said:
I noticed that a few shows or movies hide the fact that they are using a mac. If they're using a laptop; they'll usually put tape over the Apple logo or put another logo over it.

Like this: Link

Thats an image from my college's website, IUPUI.edu, it is on the front page but rotates so I just linked to the image.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.