Why Isn't My Dl-524 D-Link Router Sending Out Signals?

Reaction score
A few weeks ago something had messed up with my internet so in result we called D Link and Bell (Service Provider) and got it fixed. Though when I went to go play my Playstation Three online it did not work. It wasn't reciving any signals judging from the yellow light that ussaly flashes when it is. So I did a connection test. It couldn't even recover the SSID. I then went on to the connection settings to to scan and see what connections my PS3 was receiving.

Surprise, surprise, mine was not there. So after a long day on the phone today with SCEA, D-Link, and Bell SCEA were the only ones that actually had people that knew what they were talking about but even then it still isn't fixed.

Im not 100% positive about this next statement but Im pretty sure we told one of the people either at Bell or D-Link the week earlier that we used ethernet chords to connect the computers to the internet, so could the guy have turned off the wireless feature, that sends out signals.

Has this happend to anyone else in the past? If so how did you fix it. And by the way it hasn't been working for over a week today was just the day I decided to do something about it.

OP
E
Reaction score
A few weeks ago something had messed up with my internet so in result we called D Link and Bell (Service Provider) and got it fixed. Though when I went to go play my Playstation Three online it did not work. It wasn't reciving any signals judging from the yellow light that ussaly flashes when it is. So I did a connection test. It couldn't even recover the SSID. I then went on to the connection settings to to scan and see what connections my PS3 was receiving.

Surprise, surprise, mine was not there. So after a long day on the phone today with SCEA, D-Link, and Bell SCEA were the only ones that actually had people that knew what they were talking about but even then it still isn't fixed.

Im not 100% positive about this next statement but Im pretty sure we told one of the people either at Bell or D-Link the week earlier that we used ethernet chords to connect the computers to the internet, so could the guy have turned off the wireless feature, that sends out signals.

Has this happend to anyone else in the past? If so how did you fix it. And by the way it hasn't been working for over a week today was just the day I decided to do something about it.

OP
E
Reaction score

OP
E
Reaction score
DI-524 has to be the worst router out there. Im having troubles with it as we speak. Its not sending out any signals therefore I can't play my playstation three online. As for you I'll tell you what they'll tell you do if you call D Link. Cause its the only thing they tell you to do "Put a paper clip in the reset hole for 12 seconds, and un plug it for 2 mins"

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Follow the instructions on pages 12 and 13 of the manual for your router. This should help you establish the wireless settings if the settings have indeed been erased or changed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.