Switched to an iMac G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4
A real classic :D and in perfect condition.

Works amazingly well, I just upgraded the RAM in it to 1.25GB and installed OS X 10.5.6. Interestingly this iMac (which is about 7 years old) boots faster into OS X 10.5.6 than my (now gone) Quad Core PC with 4GB RAM running Windows Vista. :Evil:

Anyway, I am buying a 2009 iMac 24" (with all the optional extras) in July.

So. Happy to be Mac now, it's been a real pleasure to move away from Windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the forum and the world of great computing with a Mac. Sounds like you found a real nice iMac G4. Have fun with it and enjoy. BTW, you'll really love a new iMac 24" machine, and who knows, you may decide to run Windows 7 on it. :)

Regards.

OP
MacAndy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4
Welcome to the forum and the world of great computing with a Mac. Sounds like you found a real nice iMac G4. Have fun with it and enjoy. BTW, you'll really love a new iMac 24" machine, and who knows, you may decide to run Windows 7 on it. :)

Regards.

O:) I've used a 2008 iMac 24" and loved it to bits. And that was just a DDR2 / ATi setup. I can imagine how sweet a 2009 iMac 24" with 4GB of DDR3 and an ATi 4850 will be. Can hardly wait until July 1st.

Windows 7 looks far better than Windows Vista - downloaded a few builds incl. Build 7057 - but I really do prefer the Mac OS X experience. Plus Snow Leopard is just around the corner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.