sir, you have reached yer iphone limit.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
ok back story -

sept '08 - finally bought an iphone 3g, loved it.
mid feb '09 - broke iphone, water puddle in parking lot, purchased new iphone at full price, $499
mid mar '09 - broke second iphone, water in toilet in bathroom.. attempted to purchase new iphone.

at&t/apple will not allow me to purchase another iphone, or even attach an iphone on to my account because i have already purchased too many (2!!) in too short an amount of time. does anyone know if there's a specific timeline on when i'll be able to purchase another?

i currently downgraded to a blackberry bold (which, i can't for the life of me figure out why it's MORE expensive than the iphone) and.. well, let's be honest. it's a great phone, but it's surely no iphone.

anyone have any idea of when i'll be able to get another?

p.s. i spoke to two employees at at&t, and they were 95% sure that even if i purchased a used iphone from a friend/ebay, that i still wouldn't be able to hook it up to their service due to the same restriction.

thanks in advance ladies and gentz

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
lol - sounds like they're trying to save you from yourself

what about just having them repair your old one?

OP
nZa

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
lol - sounds like they're trying to save you from yourself

what about just having them repair your old one?

lol well i appreciate their thought, but it's my money? :) aren't we in a recession? spend!

i asked them about that with the first one, and they told me that water-damaged iphones are not repairable due to nearly instant corrosion.. after opening the first one, i can understand. it wasn't pretty inside, and that was less than 24 hours after the water. they found corrosion in the headphone jack and data ports at the apple store, and it was only ~3 hours after it had happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'd call Apple and complain until my voice went out. Just another example of rules that seems to hurt the honest consumer more than it keeps people from "ripping off" the little vulnerable (multi-billion dollar) company.

Maybe if you get the right person on the phone, or complain until you get the right person, you'll get what you want. Don't be afraid to mention all the money you've spent on Apple over the years too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
It has to do with those restrictions Apple put in place to prevent people selling iPhones. Not cool.

OP
nZa

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
if they think i'm selling them, they can have them back. one's in pieces, and the other is full of feces and urine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb IPOD Video Classic
It has to do with those restrictions Apple put in place to prevent people selling iPhones. Not cool.

lol, like that lady that bought a dudes 1st place in line when they first went on sale a brought like $100,000 cash to try and buy the store out and sell them on ebay for even more money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Two things,

first and foremost, you really should work on your motor skills

secondly, your going to have to learn to complain properly.

Do you have a telecommunications ombudsman, complain to your local senator. Your just a honest joe with hopeless motor skills. these guys are nailing you to the cross. Its two phones, two phones, and you want to buy a third, I mean so what. these are rules and practices implemented when the iphone was the hottest thing in the galaxy. they're going to have to calm down a bit i mean they sold 13.8 million iphones last year (listen to the latest 3.0 iphone software address) and with those numbers they're going to sell a phone to a klutz like you. I mean its inevitable but to punish you i mean its ridiculous.

Cheers
Maxy

ps glad your not on my footy team

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
yet another example of rules overriding a little common sense

OP
nZa

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
thanks for the input guys.

the bad news?

this blackberry bold is really, really growing on me.

if i decide to switch back, i'll take my australian brother's advice.. because they're now going to want to charge me an additional $200 (they just announced out-of-contract pricing for iphones today, $699 :( )

Reaction score
the new iBag

Hey you should invest in the new iBag. It is basically a ziplock bag that you put your iPhone in so if you drop it in the water (again) you won't have a problem. I think Safeway sells them for $3.99 for 100 of em.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

sounds like you might have your blackberry a little longer than first thought. I dont know if you live by ical the way i do or if you can collect your email on that phone easily (if you have a .mac email address) but below is a paste of some software that might assist the sync btwn blackberry and your apple computers. I have a motorola smartphone with windows so i know its different but i have never been able to sync with my apple computers with bluetooth though i can via USB (but only if the USB cord is plugged into the usb socket at the back of the computer. it does not work for some reason if i plug the cord into the keyboard usb or a usb multi-dock.

BlackBerry Sync Mac - Bluetooth sync for BlackBerry and Mac with iTunes, Entourage, iCal and iPhoto

ps this might not be the right blueberry so better check if its to your model as i wouldnt know a bold if i fell over it.

cheers
Maxy

Reaction score
Hey you should invest in the new iBag. It is basically a ziplock bag that you put your iPhone in so if you drop it in the water (again) you won't have a problem. I think Safeway sells them for $3.99 for 100 of em.

ROFL!!! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.