Multiple Airports

Reaction score
We have DSL w/ a 2Wire router and an Airport Extreme in my home office at one end of our house. Due to the size and layout of our house, we added an Airport Express to extend the WiFi network to the master suite in the far end of the house, where we use mostly use our iPod Touches and sometimes our MacBooks. It took a while to get it set up, but once we did, it worked well. We've had no problems with it for several months.

A few days ago, we added another Airport Express, this time in the TV room. We don't need the Airport Exp #2 for WiFi since the wireless reaches from my office just fine -- #2 is only to plug the stereo receiver into so the music located on the iMac in my office can be played through the speakers in the TV room. Since then, we haven't been able to get the 1st Airport Express to work in the master bedroom.

If we unplug the 2nd Airport Express, the 1st one works. And vice versa. But they won't work both at the same time.

Is there a way to have our cake and eat it too?

MTIA,
Kate

24" iMac
13" aluminum MacBook
iPod Touch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.