Xcode, Subversion, and directory behaviour

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a Google code project using SVN, and have added its SVN repo to my Xcode project. The project has project files for Xcode, Eclipse, and Microsoft Visual Studio, each in their own directory, and the source lives in a directory above these. The problem is that in my Xcode project's "SCM" section, it seems to only want to show those files in the repo that are at the level of the xcode project and not at the level of the trunk that I've checked out. To me this assumption is bad, because I can only commit changes to the xcode project and not the source.

If anyone knows of a workaround to this, I'd be very happy to hear it. Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
Well, if all else fails, you can certainly accomplish this by skipping using SCM from within the Xcode IDE and issueing commands to SVN directly from the command line instead. I've been doing it this way ever since finding the SCM support in Xcode 2.x to be more of a problem than it was worth. Perhaps Xcode 3.x has improved in this area, but I wouldn't know because I haven't yet been inspired to jump in and try it in 3.x ... which is also why I unfortunately can't offer any ideas about doing what you need within the IDE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.