Networking MacBook Pro and eMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro , 2.4ghz, 200gb HD, 4GB RAM; PowerBook G4 12".
Okay, i have a MacBook Pro and an eMac. i want to network them together, but when i try and it asks for a password, the normal password i type in for all of the other things on both of my computers it says itis incorrect? is there a different password i need to set somewhere to use the sharing folder and not have to be a guest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Yeah, you need to not go in as a guest, so make sure if you are on the MBP to type in the name and password for the eMac. Also, what version of OSX are you using? I have had trouble with 10.4, but 10.5 is very simple.

OP
derekblock
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro , 2.4ghz, 200gb HD, 4GB RAM; PowerBook G4 12".
10.5 on my MacBook Pro, and 10.4 on my eMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
So to get into the emac from the MBP, just go to finder, and under shared you should see you emac's name. Click on it and it will ask for your name and password. Put in the info for the emac. You should be good to go. I don't really know how or if you can go the opposite way, I haven't been able to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.