Boot Camp Questions

Reaction score
I bought a new Macbook Pro (2.93 ghz, 320@ 7200 rpm) and i'm going to spend 99% of the time in the mac enviorment. However, I do have games that I would like to play that are windows-specific; and no I didn't buy it for games. I will be playing COD5 WaW and Dawn of War II. My question is this: How much of the 320g hard drive should I partition for xp pro (minus office and stuff like that) to fully support those 2 games + the option of another 2 games of similar CPU demand? I've been told 32, 40, 50, and 25 by 4 different people that I know personally. What does the mac community think? Thanks

EDIT: Going to be using native boot camp

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
30 should be fine for Vista, a little less if yer using XP.

Simply look at the hard-drive space requirements on the software to see what each requires, then add in a few gigs for Windows, then give yourself a 5-10gig buffer :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
it does depend on the file format you want the drive in, and this will also effect what you can do with the partition when your in OS X.

FAT32 will limit you to a total partition of 32gb, and i believe there is a file size limit of 4gb too (tho that may be incorrect) but you will be able to read and write to the partition when your in OS X.

NTFS will allow a larger partition but you can only read the partition from OS X.

i have boot camp i set up for work, i used a 32gb Fat 32 partition, havent even come close to filling it up and its quite handy to be able to copy items back and forth when needed.

do you know how much space to those games use when installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to Software forums.

OP
J
Reaction score
Here are the space requirement:

DoW II - 5.5 GB
Call of Duty V -1 GB

Which setup is better for my purposes? I want the games secluded from OSX because I won't be moving files in between them.

EDIT: Fallout 3 is becoming one of those 2 optional games. (5.98 GB required)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.