Internet/airport problems

Reaction score
I have a 2 yr old 13.3" macbook.

When using a unsecured wireless connection I have problems connecting to the internet. (It works fine without wireless, when I have it plugged in. I don't have a "secure" network to try).
I can have up to 75% connection or 100% (full bars) and it sometimes still won't work. I am using the current version of firefox and it says in the status bar "looking up [webpage]" and sometimes doesn't even load the page. 75% of the time I just have to wait, then it will load. But other times, despite the taskbar airport display showing full bars, it won't load the page.

Is something wrong with my airport "card"? What can I do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Hi there mate!

You say you are running Firefox, have you tried Safari, IE, Opera etc. Is Firefox the only internet app you have?

Have you blocked the specific homepage website? Try changing your homepage!

Hope this helps!

OP
S
Reaction score
It happens whether I'm in Safari or Firefox, both of them do the same. And it doesn't matter the website that's trying to load, it either works, or doesn't. Yesterday it didn't work more than it did work.

One weird thing is if I turn airport off, wait a minute, then turn it back on...it usually works for a few minutes perfectly, then it stops working again.

Another weird thing, I run bootcamp, so when I have it on windows OS (windows XP) I have no problems at all, it always loads the pages and is usually fairly quick!

Ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.