Will Windows 7 Beta 64 bit drivers work with intel iMac?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an intel iMac which i bought around a year ago. I have a working cd of Windows 7 Beta 64 bit and i want to install it on my iMac. The only thing which is holding me back is the drivers.

My brother has a Macbook which he bought a couple months ago and the Mac OSX cd which came with the laptop has 64 bit drivers. Now im wondering if i can use the 64 bit drivers from the Macbook install disk and if it would work on my iMac?

thanks in advance.
hadi mirza

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The install disk for your brother's MacBook will not work to install or recover the OS but it's possible that it might work to install the 64 bit drivers. You can always give it a try and if it doesn't work the 64 bit drivers can be downloaded from the net. You might even try to use your install disk for the iMac since it will have drivers for Vista on it. Vista driver model and Win 7 are the same.

Regards.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just went ahead and installed the 32-bit version of it and its working great. I just used my iMac's Install Disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.