Windows 7

Reaction score
Ok yesterday I installed Windows 7 on my 20" I Mac. Everything worked fine and it is running just like it should. But my problem is that my I Mac automaticly boots to Windows 7 not leopard and doesn't give me the option to choose.

So my question is how can I get it too boot from Leopard by default adn get back into leopard. Because right now I am stuck with Windows 7 and that only while Leopard is clearly there (I Hope)

Thank in advanced,

Kevin

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried holding down the Option key after you hear the startup chime?

You should see two startup options (disks): One for OS X, and the other for Windows.

You can also open Control Panel in Win 7, select Boot Camp, and then choose to start\reboot to OS X.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks I did that and it worked :) And is there any way for you to have the option to boot from either without clicking the Option key. Its because my mom uses my computer sometimes and likes booting from a certain operating system but she doesnèt want to keep click the option key.

If not its ok she will just have to live with it plus it really doesnèt bother me much.

Thanks for the quick reply

Reaction score
System Preference / System / Startup Disk.

There you should be able to choose which OS to boot into automatically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.