adding an internal DVD burner to a G4 quicksilver

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade the internal PioneerA104 in my G4 quicksilver. I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues I should be aware of?

Also wondering it is possible to use the new drive as a master and the old drive as a slave for disk to disk burning?

thansk in advance,

Sinclair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think its possible, Id recommend a pioneer, or nec drive. you should be able to add a slave, is drive to drive burning your only reason for a second drive?

OP
V
Reaction score
I was looking at a PioneerA108 (?). Drive to drive burning is not my main concern. I just figured I had the space so I could just keep the old drive around to see how much I would use it. If it becomes a part of my day to day workflow I would look at getting an external duplicating system.

Any specific drive you would recommend?

sinclair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
pioneerA108 is a great drive, apple uses it in many macs, for good reason too.
its not necessary, you can flash the firmware of your current drive and reap many benefits, like faster burner, DL burning, etc. D to D burning is only usable for audio and data discs, and video cds, not dvds. Lacie sells some good internal drives as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.