• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Moving on to better things....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
So I decided to sell my C2D 2.13ghz MBP. It's just not doing it for me and I want something I can play a few games on so I don't have to have two laptops.

And I bought a new 15" MBP this weekend to replace it. O:)

It's primarily a photo editing machine and I needed something with more storage and something that was a bit faster to handle some of the files I'm working with. I figured this would do it. I'm going to be picking up a 30" monitor to go with, but unfortunately it might not be an ACD. I need something that a PS3 can be connected to that will let me play blu ray movies and everything I've read on that looks like it's not going to work.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Nice, congrats VI. Is there a mini DisplayPort adapter to go to a regular DisplayPort or HDMI connection yet? I assume the PS3 needs a HDMI port to play BluRay with HDCP.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Yeah. Unfortunately from what little I've found in searching yahoo and google, it doesn't play nice...or at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was thinking, perhaps you would benefit from upgrading the hard drive to a 7200RPM version. This wasn't an option for you with your previous MBP, but now that the new ones support hard drive upgrading, it could be something you might want to look into.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Possibly. Not going to worry about it at the moment. I need things like accounting software, editing tablet, monitor, and other objects that are more of a necessity at this point in time.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
This sucks.

Fed ex originally showed delivery date of 3/7. It was changed to 3/5 once they received the package on 3/2. I've been checking on their site and there's been no updates since it left a facility in Nevade on 3/3. I called the automated line and it said it was on time for delivery for Thursday 3/5. I just got off the phone with fed ex since it's 7:00pm EST in WV and they said that they are not sure where it's at and the tracking info doesn't even have my home address listed (the Apple site does for the order itself). They said they'd do a trace and contact me when they find out.

As of now though, it looks like they might have misplaced it. Hopefully I'll get a call with some good news. It would really not be fun to have a MBP lost in the mail. Who knows how long it would take for them to file a claim and get a refund so I could get another one sent out. This was a refurb too, since I've had pretty good luck with that. Here's to hoping it's still on the bus and getting delivered between now and the original date of 3/7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.