My Mac wont appear on my tv?

Reaction score
Hey,
I have purchased a mini-dvi to dvi cable and then a dvi to vga cable to connect my macbook to my tv. I've plugged it all in and it wont appear on the tv? It keeps saying no signal. I tried this on my 40" Sony Bravia TV and it didn't work so I switched to HDMI but I bought it to use on my 16" tele I have at uni. It had a VGA and Scart but no HDMI so is there a shortcut I need to press on the keyboard to send the image on my laptop to the tv screen?

PLEEAASSEEE HELP!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Appears you have the correct cables. The only thing I can surmise from your post is maybe you haven't gone into System Preferences, Displays, and made the correct settings? Set the display to "mirror" mode and if all the cables are hooked up correctly, the image on your MacBook should appear on the 16" TV. Also make sure the TV menu is adjusted to receive video input.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.