AirPort Extreme PC and MacBook Issues

Reaction score
I just purchased an airport extreme so that my girlfriend could use her new macbook pro wirelessly in the house. we also have a frankenstein pc running windows xp without a wireless card in the house. we ran our cable modem's ethernet cable directly into the WAN port, the PC into the ethernet port, and that's where we sit. Both the laptop and the PC can connect to the internet without issue but no luck file sharing or even recognizing each other over the supposed network. I've managed once to establish a FTP connection to her macbook but have since lost that ability.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? The AirPort software is installed on both machines. I've tried to locate the network we setup (at least I think we did) on the PC using the Network Connections browser and wizard without success, and the wireless connection thing won't do anything since the PC has no wireless capability.

I also tried to get a printer to work but that's a whole different mess I don't care to deal with yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.