Windows won't recognize my PC game installation CD

Reaction score
I have a Macbook (13'). Bought it in Feb, 2009. Installed Vmware Fusion and then Used that to install Windows XP Professional ServicePack2. Here's my problem. I bought the vmware and windows to put on my MAC so I could install and play my favorite game...Medieval Total War.

Problem:
When I get onto my Windows Virtual Computer, I placed my installation CD in the drive. The superdrive will start running the CD and then stops. It won't even read the installation CD. I went to My Computer in order to click the setup.exe and it will not show me the files on the CD. I do the manual run. Nothing in that direction.
When I put the same CD in my normal PC laptop, it works perfectly. My MAC will even show me the files on the game CD, but Windows won't even autorun or even recognize/read the game installation CD.

I wonder if I need to install some apple drivers from the MAC OS X Leopard installation CD. Perhaps not the case.
What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks
Kris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just a WAG here... Medieval Total War probably will not run in a VM, it more than likely will only run from a Windows Boot Camp installation. In other words, native Windows. Possibly because it needs accelerated 3D graphics.

Check system requirements for the game.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.