Aluminum Body 13" / Hookup to HDTV 1080P

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and have joined to just ask a question of mine. I have just purchased the new 13" aluminum body macbook 2.4. I love the computer and everything it has to offer but I want a little bit more. I currently have an HDTV in my home and would like to set my macbook up so I can use both screens. Can someone list all the cables I will need to hookup the new aluminum body up to an HDTV broadcasting at 1080P (keep in mind, I would like the cables to be around 10 ft.)

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll need the Apple mini display port adapter cable. (adapt to DVI) See this Link.

Also a DVI to HDMI cable. Link

That should get you started.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The links I provided for you were to give you an idea of what was needed.

Let me add one thing that I should have mentioned before.

Try to keep cables that carry video signals as short as possible. I believe the one you found (5 meters) will work OK, but it is a known fact that longer cables will degrade signal quality. You can buy very high quality double shielded cables which are low loss but not at the price for the one at NewEgg.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.