Why can I not drag files from my PC to my Mac?

Reaction score
I have a new Macbook next to my Win XP PC running on the same wired internet hub.

I still use the PC for torrenting, so regularly need to move files over and don't see why I should have to unplug and replug my hard drive each time.

I've already used my 'Go', 'Connect to Server' function and found my PC (ALEXJPC) - and it shows up in my Finder as a 'Shared' function, and I can easily find my way through the Windows shared folder that (on my WinXP PC) I setup as shared and unticked the 'read-only' box.

However when I drag and drop the folders (fairly large, filled with drum samples) from my Windows shared folder onto my Mac desktop, it tells me "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items".

Yet bizarrely, the folder itself and perhaps one of my ten RAR folders will move in, but none of the rest.

I'm a passworded adminstrator on both computers, so cannot understand this at all.

Please Assist!

Thanks,

Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.