Maxtor one touch 4

Reaction score
So I recently bought my new Apple and prior to it I had a Windows running laptop.
I usually backed up all my files on my Maxtor one touch 4 and it worked smoothly but today was my first trial on the apple and I realized that I needed to modify my maxtor to work on my apple apparently after everything I read when it installed in windows, The NTFS which is a read only system on apple is the main problem why I cant upload my stuff on my Maxtor

Is there no way on working around this, I have alot of information of my Maxtor and I am not ready to erase it all to make it compatible with my apple, I really need your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Most backup programs for Mac OS X require that you use the HFS + file system. Time Machine for example will not work with any other file system.

You can:

1. Leave your Maxtor the way it is and only use it for Windows.

2. Use Disk Utility, erase it, and reformat it HFS + and use it for your Mac.

3. Buy a new external HDD, format it for the Mac and use it exclusively for backups. Keep the Maxtor for Windows.

And so on.

Regards.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
4. Grab Paragon's NTFS for Mac and use drag and drop fin Finder for backing up your important files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.