1TB Time Capsule setup issue - multiple mac backups.

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 1TB new TC (Time Capsule) which I have just plugged into my wireless router (after disabling the wireless interface on the router). So now I have a router, with a wired connection to the TC which is my new working 802.11n network for my iMac, macbook, work laptop and wifes laptop. All good (well.. I won't go into the fact that I can't get xbox live to work with the 360 plugged into the iMac yet - thats another story!)..

So.. working network and on my macbook I told it to use the TC for Time Machine and it pretty quickly did its first backup over wireless.

The iMac is using a firewire external HDD for backups. It connects fine to the internet via the TC's 802.11n network. However when I go into TM settings it does not list the TC as an option for using to backup. Instead it has a button for "set up time capsule". So I click it and it takes me to the assisted setup section for the TC. Its all filled in and working. If I hit continue to get to the end, it reboots but hte iMac will still not let me select it as a backup device.

Have I done something wrong? Or do I need to do something to enable the TC for multiple device backing up that I can't see? I was pretty sure the TC could be used for multiple devices which was why I bought it!

cheers all
Dave

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
oh I dunno what's going on. I stopped changing settings an hour ago and left it and now it can see it and its working... No idea why...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.