Help with connection problem

P

Phil.85

Hi,

I have recently installed Panther on my 2 macs the first one was fine it connected to airport and I can browse the internet as usual. the second mac says it is connected but my browser(ie or safari)won't connect nor can I receive emails. I'm sure there is a simple answer but its beyond me so any help would be great!! :dummy:

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off the firewall ?
I did have a problem with my imac G5 when the motherboard and power supply where replaced. It wouldn't connect to the Apple site and the update program wouldn't work, It was like it had messed with the permissions on the computer but why it wouldn't connect to the Apple site I don't know. Anyway, the hole system started acting sluggish, alot of endless spinning beach balls. I re-installed everything with a clean install and its been fine since. If this is too much work you could also try running 'Disk utilities' 'repair permissions'.

OP
M

myjay610

Did you check your TCP/IP settings, make sure you're getting an IP address.

OP
P

Phil.85

Hi Thanks for the replies...well i turned it on this morning and it was working, must have been because it was a monday! :confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.