USB to Ethernet Is it Possible?

Reaction score
My ethernet port is shot on my G4 (bubble). I have DSL through ATT with out a phone line. Is it possible to buy a Ethernet to USB connector and run it that way. I cannot afford the costly repairs or a new computer. If so which ones are compatible and if someone can walk me through using simple language that would be great. I just got this computer and I love it other than this problem.

The modem is the ATT Modem that you have to get. It has been checked it works fine.

I do appreciate it because I am paying for internet I have yet to use yet. Thanks!

I am in OS X 10.2;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
you have to buy Apples USB ethernet adaptor from the apple store. I'm not sure if it would run on a G4 but I'm assuming it would since it is apple. I would send you a link but I'm Canadian and I'm not sure is the apple store Canada would help you, but I do know its $30 Canadian

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Here is the Apple adapter. But, looks like it requires 10.5.2 to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.