Something wont register

Reaction score
ok so i connect by verizon fios on a windows comp & it works fine.
mac connects wirelessly by airport & when i first set it up, it said it was connected [full bars] but the internet did not work. a day later, it said it was connected & worked fine.

now the internet got disconnected, when it turned back on, same issue, windows computer works fine, but mac says its connected & is not.
ive tryed turning everything off & done everything that i know how to [not alot] & its not working, & now its been a day.

mac has full bars & says that its connected but the internet WONT work. how do i bascilly get it to register that the modem is there & get the 2 things to work together to get the internet?????????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like a security issue. Using a Verizon supplied Actiontec router? (FIOS doesn't use a modem) If so, access the internal menu and turn off all security as a test. Make sure the airport settings are correct in your machine. You should be using DHCP and the Verizon DNS settings. Most locations where FIOS is used the DNS settings are generated automatically so you may not have to worry about them.

As a last resort, attach an ethernet cable from the Actiontec to your Mac to see if you can connect that way.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.